Wednesday, May 13, 2009

leaving her grave

Sorry for being post-happy today, but somedays, there is just more to say.

I visited Keely's grave this morning and won't be back for 2 weeks. We're going to be on vacation. It's such a strange feeling to know I won't be back for awhile. We were gone for a week in September and that felt weird too. I feel bad. I feel like I'm abandoning her. I know it's just her memorial, her headstone but I'm supposed to take care of it. And I'm leaving it for a bit. I know she isn't there. She'll be with us. I cried leaving this morning. I'm sorry, baby. Mama will be back to care for your flowers.

"O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee
Near to the heart of God." from one of my favorite hymns, one that was sung at Keely's funeral

No comments:

Post a Comment