Monday, January 19, 2009

how quickly they forget

Isn't it funny how time can pass too quickly and not fast enough at the same time?

It wasn't that long ago and still so many have forgotten. So many have moved on. More and more often I have to remind people. Three children. I have THREE children. You may not see her everyday but I do. I see her in the sun and snow. I visit her grave. She is with us because she lives on in her brothers and in her parents. Often I am surprised, pleasantly, at those who remember and aren't afraid to speak her name. If I could only express how much that means to me. If only those people knew just how important that is, how important they are for doing so. Sometimes, my attention is drawn to someone who remembers and doesn't speak her name to me and that's important too. Flowers left at the cemetary anonymously, a thought or a prayer. I don't need to hear it, I need to feel it. The love for my little girl is spread all over this world. How lucky am I to have gotten to carry her. How very blessed I am to have my beautiful children; all of them.

Those people, the ones who remember, are the ones I will focus on. They are the ones I'll think of when I feel like others have moved on. I'm not sure this is even coherent. It evolved from what I intended to write. I came on to rant and complain (about those who have forgotten) and in the end, didn't want to waste my fingers with negative thoughts but praise those who haven't moved on without her, but taken her memory along. I suspect those of you know who you are and I thank you. I love you.

"Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell." Emily Dickenson

No comments:

Post a Comment