Friday, February 27, 2009

time to plan

It's the time of year that I am now planning two birthday parties; two very different birthday parties. Our beautiful little rainbow baby has blessed our lives here for nearly a year and a year and 12 days before his birth, we held his big sister in our arms.

Though this season brings tears and memories, I love it. I love the "excuse" to mention her name and use her image or beautiful words to mark her memory. I love getting together with family and friends to release balloons and messages to Heaven. Though I think I'll forever underestimate how emotional the balloon releases are, I love them. The significance and how very lucky we are for the constant reminder that so many other love her, remember and have her etched in their hearts. Her legacy continues.

Today, I will begin the invitations to her birthday party. I'm not going to use the painting of her because so many have not seen it yet. It's still a very private thing to share. I will spend hours choosing the right words, the right verse or poem to commemorate her day. I think this year, we're going to ask the others celebrating with us to write a little note to her or about her before the balloons are released. I'd like a photo of each writing to keep in her memory album. I need to decide what I'd like to put in the newspaper this year in her memory and if I'd like it for her angel day, birthday or both.

Two weeks after her birthday will be her baby brother's first birthday and though she won't be helping him open his presents, she will very much be with us.

"God gave us memory so that we may have roses in December" rectoral address May 3, 1922 St Andrew's University Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment