Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I can't think of a title.

So I'll spend my energy on something other than a title and get right to the heart of it.

The Duggars' little girl died, just like my little girl died. Their hearts broke just like our hearts broke. It doesn't matter if they have 1000 other children, that one died. But they had to suffer such heartache on television. I do not envy that position, not for one second. My heart goes out to them, these are some of if not the hardest days they'll face on this earth. I will say, though, that showing the life and death of their beautiful little Jubilee as well as their journey into bereavement on television is helping putting a face on a topic that is still taboo in 2012.

It is a sad truth that children have been dying since the beginning of time (possibly the first recorded child death was David and Bathsheba?). In past cultures, it was even expected that a person may not live long on this earth. It is a sad truth that still exists and yet, as a society, it's often more popular to pretend that it doesn't.

My heart is heavy for the Duggars but light for their sweet child. May the days be gentle for them as they pave this path for themselves. On a selfish note, my own nerves have been severed at preparing to watch the showing, airing tonight, that chronicles their loss. It comes at a fragile time of year for me.

"I shall go to him, but he will not return to me." II Samuel 12:23

No comments:

Post a Comment