Monday, July 27, 2009

numbers, numbers

It's funny how a little thing like a number, just one off, can ruin a day. Like, when someone is telling another how many children you have and they "forget" one. Three. I have THREE children. Which one did you forget when you said I had two? Do I need to ask? Do I need to correct you? I don't need to ask but I do need to correct you. Just because you've forgotten doesn't mean I have, or want to, or will. Never. Never will I let anyone else. Just because you misspoke doesn't mean you've forgotten but that's certainly the way it sounds and it's certainly the way my heart heard it. I think I'll "forget" one of your children next time I speak of them.

And on a somewhat lighter note, a song that makes me think of my girl:

"Love why’d you go so fast
pain why ya gotta last...
you knowI cant stop waking up to you
though you are gone I cannot face the truth honey
I cant stop waking up to you on my mind...
Love where'd you go so fast
pain, why you gotta last
those blue eyes, why cant I see them now..." The Midway State

1 comment:

  1. It does hurt, even when you know somebody hasn't forgotten.

    ReplyDelete