Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ramblings nearly 4 years down the road

I don't know if people have forgotten. I don't know if their allowance for my grief has worn thin or out completely. I don't know if they think I should be over it or, worse yet,that I am over it. I'll set the record straight: there's nothing to get over. You can't get over losing a child just like you can't get over having a child. It's nearly if not completely impossible to know what it is to lose a child if you haven't just as it's nearly if not completely impossible to know what it is to have a child.

In a perfect earth, people would either understand your grief or at the very least respect it, but in a perfect world, there would be no grief to understand.

Someday, someday.

"Oh they tell me of a home far beyond the skies..."

1 comment:

  1. I know... it is hard not to get frustrated with people when they act surprised that it is still hard. Still hard??? Yes, it will always be hard to be separated from my child.
    Big hugs to you, friend.

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete