Monday, August 17, 2009

Hallmark got me again

I have a new niece. She's beautiful and sweet and it does my heart well that she's here and healthy. For all those reasons, I thought I could handle picking out a "welcome baby girl" card. Not so much. After reading the first one, I knew it had been a bad idea but did I leave? Nope. Glutton. I read every last one and didn't find one that I could bring myself to buy. I opted for a blank pink card and wrote my own message. Just another one of those things that will never be the same, should I have a living daughter or not.

I haven't made many posts lately because I've been in a little bit of a funk. I'm hoping it passes soon and think while posting would probably make me feel better, it takes a bit of emotional energy that is lacking in me right now.

I've found a ton of things for Keely's grave recently but what's on there still looks nice so I'm stockpiling some fun things for later.

Missing you, baby girl XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this helps, but I ordered a pack of cards from March of Dimes to send to people with new babies. You can order them online, thereby skipping the trip to the baby card aisle.

    ReplyDelete